30 Sec's on....
So I've read two articles recently, and both I think are truly bizarre in their entirety.
The first one is a group of men called, Incels which is short for men who are Involuntarily Celibate.
I've heard of this group before, but since I don't buy into mens attitude of, I'm too ugly to have sex, I didn't really take much notice.
But this group is growing.
And it is becoming extreme. So extreme, that these guys have started to believe that they have the right to murder, because women won't have sex with them.
And not just murder women. Just murder. Like it is their right.
One of the most notorious Incel attacks overseas came in 2018 when 25-year-old Alek Minassian intentionally drove a rental van into pedestrians on a busy pavement in Toronto.
Ten people were killed.
I don't get that.
But Incels are on the rise here in New Zealand, and if women didn't have to worry enough about re their choice to say, No, some numbnuts is now inciting a whole group of men to believe that it is their God Given Right!! to have sex with us.
I worry about our young girls.
But the next article I had an issue with is the No-Nuts-November which talks about No masturbation for men for one month so that they can get clarity of mind and a Zen perspective.
Jezus, I don't even know where to start with that one.
Anyway, let's do a quick update here:
1) Watching Porn and/or sex or lack of, doesn't make men rape.
A man chooses to rape.
2) It is your right as a woman to say, No. You don't need a reason.
I just always like to put that out there.
3) I, and women in general, do not have sex with a man because he is physically not attractive, we choose not to do the Horizontal Mamba because you, as a person, are:
* In the friend zone. Unfortunate, but true. Once you're there, it's almost impossible to get out.
* We have nothing in common. We just don't feel you.
* You're age inappropriate. Again, unfortunate, but as much as guys do date as young as they like, for women it gets a bit creepy when you're 30 plus years younger.
It's got the Ick.
4) Masturbation is not something to be ashamed of.
Unless you're sharing it with all and sundry on a Sunday afternoon, in the middle of a park.
Sorry...sorry...this is not a jokey matter, but seriously though, it really is a healthy, emotional and physical, experience, and to deny yourself is not going to make you more Zen.
In fact, and I'll put money on this, it will make you less.
But anyway, instead of whinging about no-sex, too-much-sex, sex-is-still-sex-if-it's-by-myself-right? sex trough,
Spirit need you to not look outwards at everyone else, but rather at yourself,
In the mirror,
...With clothes on.
T (she/her) and Spirit
* Having pronouns in an email signature signals you as an LGBTQIA and/or ally (a person who is not LGBT, but who actively supports the LGBT community)
LGBTQIA – Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and/or Questioning, Intersex (a person born with a combination of male and female biological traits) and Asexual (little or no sexual attraction to others)