30 Sec's on....
Well, well, well eh?
As I am writing this, I am 13 days away from turning 50.
I know! Quelle Horreur!
No, not about the turning 50 part, that's true, but I feel fucking amazing.
These last 10 years have been an absolute mindblowing experience for me, and I am grateful for every day that I have lived.
Now that doesn't mean that I have always been a 100% white knight-ette in shining armour, no, no, I haven't. Think more tarnished and dented and we're on the same page. However, if we scoot on to where I'm standing right now, I am grateful for every experience that I have had, and every decision that I have made.
For the pure and simple reason, I'm standing here talking with you right now.
And for that I am more grateful than you can ever imagine.
So let me tell you what I've learnt in the last 10 years:
1) If you want a baby, have the damn baby. I've dealt with lots of women in my professional life now and not one woman has ever regretted having her child, but there's a whole heap of women out there who regretted not.
2) If you want to be in your own business, start now. There's never a better time to be in your own business than right now. Today is your day.
3) Don't be with a partner who lies. A person who lies, takes away your choices. Well, look at it this way, Would you have made the same choice if you had known the truth then?
4) The phrases "You're worthless" or "You're mental" are game changers. It's game over, baby. No one who cares for you, uses these phrases.
Read that sentence again.
5) Life is awesome. It's funny and abundant and full of joy. If it is not, you are not living your true self.
6) Do not ask permission from any man, woman or little green alien with fushia pink spots, on how you live your life. Live your life on your own terms.
7) Love whoever you damn please. Seriously. Gender, race, colour or age, none of it makes a damn difference. Love who you love.
8) You do not have Anxiety or Depression. What you have is your 100% accurate internal antennae which is screaming at you right now, that there is something not right. Don't take a pill, find the cause.
9) Share your stories with young ones. Our young ones are lost and they think that whatever bad thing is happening to them, that it's the first time it's ever happened. It's not. You know this. Don't be a prude, share your damn stories.
10) My Nana was right. There is always another man, woman or little green alien with fushia pink spots waiting to date you.
And last but not least...
11) The family you create is your biggest achievement. Yip. Your children are your greatest success. Everything else, is second.
Oh wait, I almost forgot...
12) There are very few things in life that a freshly baked, home made brownie, a cuppa and a chat with a friend, can't fix. Now don't you be rolling your eyes and tut-tutting me, you know I'm right, baby.
So, that's what I've learnt in the last 10 years.
May the next 10 be as much fun, have as much love and be as truly awesome as these have been.
Thanks for being my son, Liam, we did good.
Thank you Spirit, for giving me a pretty damn awesome life.
Me and Liam
Caps hanging out in shed. Caps is my Number 1 horse. He taught me how to talk, but more importantly, listen to the horses. He was my very first Clair-senses horse. Then took me by the hoof and loved me and loved me and loved me.
Caps in paddock.
Caps munching on our front lawn.
Buzz-the-Bull. He was super cute when he was a baby. He was my sons bull and taught us many things about free loving, horns and de-balling. He has a special place in our hearts.
Az and Connor. Az was my destiny horse. The one who Spirit gifted to me. Az was the first horse who actually had a conversation with me. I mean, there had been others who had chatted, but he was the one who made the first move towards me and then continued to have, a full on horse-human conversation. He taught me about the relationship that horses want with their people and that given the opportunity, every horse wants a human to love...and to be loved back.
He's my unicorn.
One of the only times we successfully cleaned Az.
Az at the deck.
Az (and yes he was actually that dirty) at one of our shows. He rocked it in.
Ralph and Chew before one of their visits.
Ralph at a show - he rocked it like Vegas. Ralph is a little minuature version of My Little Pony. He is quite possibly the happiest, friendliest and cuddliest mini I've ever met. It is impossible to over cuddle him.
Chew is Mr It's not my fault you don't know how to do a hot fence and quite possibly the coolest dude on the planet. He's highly intelligent and a fair horse. If you can keep him in, he's like, Fair play, accepts that you won this round and moves onto his next plan. Everybody wants to be Chew.
Suzie Q is my girl. She fights for her rights and no matter about her past, she lives to fight her corner for another day. She's an old soul and I love her to bits.
Mares and baby Mares. Quite literally a gift, when I said how much I wanted to make my own racehorse. I was given Mary (Mares for short) and we are cooking a race baby. She's taught me how to listen in depth to Energy and it is with Mares and baby Mares where I truly understood the depth and connection of Touch/play.
That connection between a human and a horse and how truly awe inspiring the things are that you cannot see, hear or touch. To touch baby Mares before he is born has been, and continues to be, one of my greatest pleasures. She is about 6 months here. However, I can't, as I am writing this, lead her out of the paddock and up to the stables because she is too big in her Energy for me.
We are complicated and magical and a work in progress, and I wouldn't change her for the world.
Flash (on left), Fenny (on right) and Gino. My well it seemed like a good idea at the time cows when we bought Buzz. And of course, Gino, Buzz's love son. I've learnt that nothing on this earth, no matter the species, trumps a Mumma's love for her son.
Sequoia - she taught me how to Read cycles and play with herbs. Really Read cycles and really play with herbs. That emotions, DNA and colours have smells and that the world is a magical and quite fantastical place for a witchy woman. She now has her own forever person, Andrea. They live in Christchurch and do riding and weekend clinics ALL the time.
Peanut was our Never listen to what another human says about a horse, listen to the horse, and is now in his forever home. He fell on his hooves with Brooke, she's a totally adorable person and they are literally a match made in heaven.
He is one super lucky mini!
My life has been, and continues to be, one wild, awe inspiring and fantastical journey.
Thank you, Spirit.
Wishing you much love and abundance and a truly courageous heart.
T and Spirit