Kawa Kawa and Ginger Shortbread
- 250 grams of butter (soft)
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 1 cup of cornflour
- 1 and ½ cups of Pam's High Grade Flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- handful of Kawa Kawa (fresh or dried) finely chopped
- half a thumb size of fresh ginger coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 150.
Cream butter and sugar, add flour, cornflour, vanilla then when mixed well add Kawa Kawa and ginger.
Lightly flour bench and put mixture onto it and knead.
Flour bench again and use a rolling pin to make mixture quite thin. Use the top of a glass (or cookie cutter) to make shapes.
Bake for 10-15 minutes.
Take out and dust with caster sugar.
View recipes from a New Zealand Psychic